Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh Pioneer....


I was asked to take some photos for a Pioneer Heritage Festival we are having in our area this weekend. My grandgirlies are such good sports.... (great little actress' too...Look at the seriousness :)
I really enjoyed taken these photos. It has been such a busy working summer that it's been a long time since I've gotten to shot something creatively just for me :)
When hearing stories about the Pioneers that crossed the plains, my heart goes out to those tiny young Saints that were among the bravest. Many with ill or deceased parents took on the role of caregivers to their younger siblings.
I wanted my photos to depict the Faith, Courage, and especially the Strength that is in being a part of a loving family.

3 comments:

Elder Nate Mountain said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! The one by the wagon wheel literally made me cry! What great little models you have ;)
~Deb

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

They are just too adorable!

Jer & Di said...

Kathi, these are great!! You are one talented lady, tho' I already knew that!!